Sunday 15 December 2013

My Kitchen India Review

This review is for My Kitchen India Modular Kitchens. I have another related review on the dealer from whom I bought the kitchen.
I stay in Pune. On october 2013, I decided to go for Modular Kitchen. After searching for few days, I walked into a My Kitchen India Kitchen Showroom and I was instantly hooked. The reasons are:
Steel cabinet wins over ambiguous-wood-quality:
I realized that judging wood quality is not my cup of tea. I have to go by dealer’s statement. Moreover, wood has got multiple varieties to choose from. For a poor judge like me, more choice is more confusion. On the other hand, for steel-based-modular-kitchen, the base material is galvanized steel. There are no chances of termite attack on steel cabinets. Steel-cabinets also have better resistance to water/humidity damages.
Looks are not compromised:
If one insists on the classic-wood-based-look (as I did), I could opt for wooden shutters on a steel cabinet.
They won’t run away with money:
In pune there are stories of carpenters/dealers disappearing after taking money from customer. This chance is zero for a dealer of a reputed company like My Kichen India
Standard Cost:
A My Kichen India Product will cost the same. A dealer will not be able to charge more from a non-savvy customer (people like me). They have to go as per catalog price. For me the price also turned out lower than other kitchens I had surveyed. So standard cost does not necessarily mean more cost.
Based on above rationale, I opted for the kitchen. I got the kitchen around November time frame. It has been a months now. The kitchen is still good. I am satisfied with the kitchen for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment